Waikato/BOP

Chapter Co-ordinator
Neville Wilson
Ph: 07 825 4585
Email: nevilleandjoanne@farmside.co.nz

18th August ride to Tokaanu hot pools

Meet ready for departure at 8.30

Hamilton guys at Victoria st north BP

BOP at Tauriko gas station

Head to Putaruru for breakfast (9.30-10.15)@ the wooden Farmer cafe

And gas up

Back road to Tokaanu for a dip in the mineral pools, so bring your togs  (12.15-1.00)

Then gas up at Turangi

And on to late lunch at Licorice café

Then head up to Taupo for good byes  (approx 3.30)

All enquiries to: nevilleandjoanne@farmside.co.nz

March Meeting

TOMCC NZ WAIKATO/BOP

Meeting Minutes

View Kerry’s ride to the meeting HERE

17/03/2019           

   
Next
meeting:
28/04/2019, leaving Hamilton motorcycles 10:00 (time to be confirmed)
  1. 20 Year Badge

Andrew Donovan joined TOMCC NZ in 1996 and his 20 years of membership has been confirmed. Congratulations Andrew.

2.Programme for 2016

Queens birthday weekend is approaching fast, Eric and Keith are organizing the Mad Farmers ride this year. These rides are generally limited by the number of beds available at the accommodation – usually 20-24 people. Dates are 1st, 2nd & 3rd of June. Neville will contact Eric who will advise the deadline for Waikato/BOP members after which other chapter members may wish to join us.

Remembrance ride this year is scheduled for 9/10 November – Ray is organizing, more to follow closer to the date.

Next meeting 28/04/19 is being organized by Steve Pou, Neville will send an email with details. Geoff will be in the South island – can Judi organize BOP route to meet the Hamilton crew.

May meeting 19/05/19 at Awakino Pete and Steve Rochester to organize, Neville to advise Taranaki chapter and invite them along.

June meeting 23/06/19 details closer to the time, Geoff organising.

3.Other Business

Kerry presented brochures for inclusion along with membership forms in new bike sales satchels at Hamilton Motorcycles for comment. Our newsletter editor, Ken Spall, is assisting with this, thanks Ken, comments back to Kerry by end of this month at the latest. Branding with the bike shop logo was suggested and Geoff and Don to contact Damien at Bayride to ask if they will include the brochure in Tauranga sales as well.

It has been suggested that Waikato/BOP host the 2021 National rally, after some discussion it was decided that we would not be in a position to organize the rally but may look at it in future years.

All were in favour of the minutes being posted on the website. Also Facebook was discussed and although our chapter has a facebook identity? no one at the meeting is aware of it or use it. Deferred for future discussion.

Meeting closed at 3:00pm.

Sunday Ride


Ride to Awakino 17th March  meet Triumph Hamilton Motorcycles 10:30

Chapter Meeting 13 Jan 2019

TOMCC NZ WAIKATO/BOP

Meeting Minutes

13/01/2019

Present: 15 Financial members plus 7 partners and friends
Next meeting: 17/02/2019, leaving Hamilton motorcycles 10:30 to Nikau caves, 3-4kms of gravel road.
  1. Meeting ride

Bay of plenty riders rode to Chas Quiggs in Rotorua meet with Waikato crew there. Chas opened sheds 1/2/3 for our enjoyment, thanks Chas and what a wonderful collection of bikes and memorabilia. From there Chas led us to the Waiotapu Hotel through stunning scenery for lunch and our meeting. Thanks Chas and Maria.

  • Voting for committee

Unanimous decision for John Witherington as president.

Unanimous decision for Neville Wilson as Waikato /Bop co coordinator

Other uncontested positions supported.

  • Other business

Kerry mentioned Hamilton motorcycles are keen to have rides starting from their shop in Te Rapa as they will be converting to a Triumph one world store later this year, and would be keen to assist with rides and support TOMCC NZ. Kerry then tabled a draught handout for inclusion in Triumph bike sales wallets introducing the club, Ray mentioned that this pamphlet may have been done previously and it would be good to check with Ken Spall to ensure we are aligned with national protocol.

Geoff Morgan to Update Waikato/Bop webpage with minutes and upcoming events, plus photos of our ride today.

Neville suggested club fundraising and offered to supply firewood to on sell – there was little interest at this stage.

A TOMCC NZ badge was found at Mt Maunganui Neville has it contact him if it’s yours.

Neville has been approached by the Metlife Forest Lake Rest home with an invitation to show bikes on 2  March .Frankton thunder was mentioned and a discussion ensued about attending, nothing conclusive at this stage, 5 members showed interest today – Kerry will look onto this further .

FERRY BOOKING NUMBER FA5366 Interislander.

Ray offered thanks to Neville and Geoff for putting their hands up to revitalize the chapter, it was great to see a good turnout today let’s all work to rebuild the club thanks everyone it’s time to up the clubs profile. Applause.

Neville then offered thanks to Chas for opening his man cave(s) applause and cheers.

Trevor raised the issue of using club funds to support members travelling to the national rally and suggested $75 dollars for financial members. Rob proposed an amendment to increase the amount to $100 dollars. In discussion Trevor noted that fundraising for our chapter was initiated specifically to assist travel to remote national AGM’s. The amended motion was carried with one objection, you are able to apply to Ray via email for funds with your bank ac number and he will deposit it for you before the rally so if you don’t attend please do the right thing and return it.               

Steve raised the issue of meeting in the south Island before the rally – it was agreed that Reefton was the most likely spot as Kerry has a friend with a whiskey distilling business and intends to visit mid-afternoon Thursday 21 Feb before the rally more details to follow. He has organized a trip through the Reefton Distillery for us, tastings available, whiskey and Gin also some other activities along with a few beers. Would need to be in Reefton early PM on the Thursday. Dawsons Reefton Hotel is a good place to stay. Maybe we could ride together to the rally site the next day?

Geoff will make up a phone list for those attending the rally Email Geoff with details if you wish to be included that’s jagmorgan@gmail.com.

Meeting closed at 3:20pm.